Generally the consumer product safety guidelines warn against carrying out microwave repairs on your own, because microwave is a risky device. It works on a high voltage and this is what it makes it dangerous for a common man to handle its repairs on its own especially if it involves taking out its outer cover and working with its electrical components. There is a great possibility of getting an electrical shock from a microwave oven even when it is not attached to the direct power source. Moreover, even unplugged microwave ovens can result in a fatal shock when not handled with care.
However, the tasks which do not involve taking away the cover or removal of the cabinet and exposure of electrical parts can be suitable for do-it-yourself repair. Repairs and replacements of handles, door, hinges, turntable and similar kind of non-electrical parts can be easily performed on your own. However, before you tackle any of the microwave repair work, you must ask yourself one question. Is this something that can be best done if left to a professional microwave repair Denver technician? If you are not sure then the answer is yes.